Who is Roland Hint

Wednesday 17 July 2013


How To Get Fit / How To Start Running / How To Motivate Yourself



So, now here comes my personal view on this topic.

As you probably know, I am a runner and I love running.

When you search the internet you'll find lots of people, if on youtube, twitter, facebook or anywhere else. And they are all trying to sell you some stuff...

I think the main problem concerning that is, that nowadays the internet is full of crap. Almost nobody really cares about what people purchase as least it fills their pokets...

That's really sad.

I mean there are some guys out there who are really honest and don't try to fool you. These people are really helpers. Of course they also want to earn some money. We all want that. We all have to pay our bills. Living is expensive. That's the way it is. 


I would never recommend a product that I haven't tried myself. If I try a product and I think it is worth buying it then I will probably also recommend it. I would get a comission on that product, but that's just for the hard work putting in to this.


My tips to beginners: If you want to start running you don't need to have a running instructor. You don't need anybody who tells you to eat vegetables or oat meal, who charges you a lot. 

The best way for people who want to get in a good shape is a goal and motivation. 

1. You Need A Goal: 

For lots of people it is easy to have a goal. The goal might be to lose fat, to climb the stairs without collapsing, to travel to a city without fainting in the heat... There might be numerous reasons...maybe it's even a health issue. Your doctor told you to do sports. There might be a lot of reasons.

So as you know your goal now, make it a bit more clear. So just to lose weight will not be enough. It would be much better if you said: " till end of September my body weight will be 140 pounds."


2. You Need A Motivation

I actually think that most people fail here. It might be easy to motivate yourself for one run, or even 5...BUT... I will tell you something... not even 10% succeed and reach their goal. Not even 10% of humans. Isn't that sad? 
Do you know what dying people regret the most: 

When people realise that their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled. Most people had not honoured even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made. 

It is very important to try and honour at least some of your dreams along the way. From the moment that you lose your health, it is too late. Health brings a freedom very few realise, until they no longer have it.


So, how do you stay focussed and motivated?

There is actually just one way. You have to change your surrounding. A good way is to find a friend who also likes to run. Join him. Running with another person makes you stronger. If you are down he will lift you up and the opposite. But..don't forget, it is very likely that your friend won't go the whole way with you. He will probably fail to go the whole way.

That's why you need other motivation sources. I recommend looking motivating videos on youtube. Just search for motivation, motivational speeches and so on. You will find great videos there. A few are even from me:)

You know what I have done, one and a half years ago?

When I drove to walk I almost every day took my mobile, went into the internet, plugged my ear phones on and listened a half an hour motivating stuff.

You know. If you train in a team you will have a trainer or a coach or your teammates to motivate you. If you are training alone or just with one friend, you have to make up your own coach. This coach is the motivating songs, speeches or watever you are listening or reading.

This will give you the thrive to go over the first month of training. It will make you strong. If you made it to the second month you are already very far. If you manage to train for 3 month you will be unstoppable... In the fourth month you have succeeded. Stopping to train will now be hard for you, as you are already used to it. If you manage to train more than four month, you have let 90% of your colleagues behind you.


I congratulate. You are a Winner. If you can do that in running. You can succeed in any area of your life.


So. To sum up. If you want to change your current body situation. You need two things.
1. a goal (make it clear)

2. a motivation (ask a friend, read, listen additional motivating stuff, subscribe for a competition)



Hope I could help you on that. In the next days I will give write a link here to my motivation channel, so you can get the best videos. It's not finished yet.






No comments:

Post a Comment