Who is Roland Hint

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Interval training


Hey everybody,


Yesterday, 23th July I was running again.



I made my first interval training ever;)


So how did I do it. My short running track is about 6 km long. When I run it quite gently it takes me about 27 minutes 4:30/1k.


Yesterday I made 5 intervals on this distance. I ran quite fast the first part. It was


about 1.2k, afterwards I was walking for 2 minutes

then about 800 meters fast, 2 minutes walking
then 700 meters fast, 2 minutes walking
then 900 meters fast, 2 minutes walking
then 1000 meters fast, 2 minutes walking

These distances are just guessed so maybe they are a bit longer or shorter.


I am actually thinking of making the intervals shorter, so I guess it might be better to also run just a 200 or 400 meters fast pace.


How fast did I take them?


Really fast, almost so hard as if I am in a competition. Maybe 90-95% of maximum.


I was quite tired afterwards. Takes a lot of energy;)

But happy I made it.

Today I am planning to run  a 6k in a really gently speed. 28 minutes will be fine cause I have to recover somehow;)


No comments:

Post a Comment